MDS 2017 - Counselling Guidelines
(Scroll down to view ranklist)
The rank list has been published below and eligible candidates should appear for counselling on the said date and time. The counselling will commence on 09.02.2017 at 8.00 am at Saveetha Dental College. Seat allotment will be done based on the rank list subject to fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.
- The candidate should be present for the counselling at appointed date and time without fail.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to bring the prescribed tuition fees in Demand Draft in favour of Saveetha Dental College and Hospitals payable at Chennai (value mentioned below) to attend counselling.
- In case of candidates securing equal marks in the entrance examination, the candidate with higher score in the qualifying examination will be given preference.
- Candidates who are not present for counselling on the specified date and time do not have any rights to claim any seat.
- The Candidate should be present for the counselling accompanied by a parent / guardian.
- If a candidate had submitted wrong information he /she will be disqualified from counselling.
- The aptitude of the candidate will also be evaluated at the time of counselling.
- If the conduct of the candidate or their relative is not proper during counselling, the institute has the right to disqualify them from the admission process.
The following original documents with three sets of attested photocopies should be submitted at the time of counselling if selected.
Degree certificate & Provisional Pass Certificate of the Qualifying Examination.
NEET Scorecard (it is required to verify the scores online)
Mark Certificate from First year to Final year B.D.S.
Proof of Date of Joining Internship or Proof of Date of Completion of Internship.
Prescribed tuition fee in the form of Demand Draft in favour of Saveetha Dental College and Hospitals payable at Chennai.
Proof of date of birth.
Attempt certificate from First to Final B.D.S.
Certificate of vaccination against Hepatitis B
Three stamp size photographs
Eight Passport size photographs
State Dental Council Registration Certificate. (If the candidate has completed internship).
Transfer certificate from the Institution last studied. (If the candidate has completed internship).
Conduct certificate from the Institution last studied (If the candidate has completed internship).
Migration Certificate (If the candidate has completed internship).
Note: Documents 1 to 11 are mandatory for any candidate to be permitted in for counselling.
Candidates who do not have these documents will not be admitted into the counselling hall.
The Candidates once selected for admission should pay the following fees at the time of admission and thereafter in the month of March every year. The fees once paid will not be refunded (see policy below). In case the candidate wants to discontinue/ withdraw during the middle of the course, he/she has to pay the entire course fee (for three years) before discontinuing from the course.
Apart from the annual fees, the following has to be paid at the time of admission. These fees should also be paid as Demand Drafts in favour of Saveetha Dental College and Hospitals payable at Chennai.
- Admission Fee: Rs. 5,000
- University Registration Fee: Rs. 3,500
- Eligibility Fee: Rs. 1,500
- Admissions Kit Fees: Rs. 5,000
- Caution deposit: Rs. 25,000 (Refundable at the end of the Course)
- Hostel and transport fees are separate. Click here to apply.
There are numerous students who want to study MDS only at Saveetha. We feel it will be a great disservice to these candidates if half-minded candidates block their opportunity only to leave the seat vacant later. To discourage such irresponsible behaviour, we have a very strict refund policy. This way we want to make sure the admission process is fair and balanced. The Candidate shall claim all the original certificates only after obtaining no dues from all departments
Based on our previous experience, we expect all students in the above list have a good chance to secure admissions. We recommend all seriously interested candidates to be present for counselling without fail to make use of this opportunity. Vacancy status will be posted on 10-02-2017 and the waitlisted students will be invited for the second round of counselling.